06 Jun Powerful and HeARTful Transformations with NLP & Intuitive Coaching
“Every person’s map of the world is as unique as their thumbprint. There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way… So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be.”– Milton Erickson
Until the years up to his death in 1980, virtually no one had heard of Milton Erickson M.D.
However, he was the first person to discover the secret power of hypnotic language and life coaching. And the world has never been the same ever since.
Click here to watch my video on self-hypnosis and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel:
Psychologists and clinical counselors always think of the possibility of human change in medical terms (DSM-5). If you wanted change in your life, the first thing they do is give you a diagnosis or at least label you according to the DSM-5 diagnostic tool.
This made you a “patient” in “treatment” and a long process of “recovery.”
If you are a healthy, sane person simply seeking to improve any area of life, there would be no way to get professional assistance without first becoming a “patient.”
Erickson discovered that most people can be helped in another way.
By tapping their inner resources, people can be guided to discover practical solutions that will radically improve their life, right here, right now.
They do not need a complex psychological diagnosis – they need practical help creatively discovering the life solutions that are right for them.
One could say it this way: everything you need is within you now.
Erickson built on this simple, yet profound discovery by developing an original set of strategies that made him the most skillful clinical practitioner of the 20th century, and perhaps of all time.
He became famous for being able to help nearly any kind of patient or client.
Scholars and students flocked to Erickson’s side from all over the world, including two men named Richard Bandler and John Grinder, who believed they could simplify Ericsson’s method.
They called their approach Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
NLP gives us a very powerful tool to reveal the root cause of problems resolve these issues, and develop skills that will lead to positive change.
The lady who trained me combined NLP, Applied Kinesiology, Systematic Constellations, Expressive Arts, and Shamanism.
I added other modalities and developed HeARTful Transformation Therapy.
Let’s do a little exercise together! All you need is 3 pages. On the first one you write SELF, on the second OTHER and on the third on OBSERVER. Put the 3 pages on the floor in a triangle, some meters apart. Chose a situation, experience, emotion, belief, thought pattern etc. to work on. Then you will step into each position. See below:
THE THREE PERCEPTUAL POSITIONS EXERCISE
1. SELF POSITION – is when you experience situations through your own body, seeing through your eyes, hearing through your own ears and feeling your feelings. If you want to motivate yourself, for example, and feel excitement, enthusiasm, joy, etc., you need to be in “SELF” position.
2. OTHER POSITION -To have empathy and understanding of another’s point of view, it is helpful to access the OTHER position. Meaning you mentally “step into ANOTHER PERSON(S) shoes” and view the situation from their point of view, experiencing it as if you were them – with their history, perceptions, needs, and desires. Cleanly accessing the OTHER position gives you valuable perspective — just as if you were seeing through their eyes, hearing through their ears, feeling what they felt. Often this process alone creates better understanding and makes empathy and forgiveness much easier.
3. OBSERVER POSITION — The OBSERVER position gives you access to a neutral, disassociated point of view. This position is very helpful in a number of the processes you will learn. For example, one technique we will explore allows you to process and erase negative emotional charges of trauma WITHOUT HAVING TO RELIVE THE EVENT through processes that utilize the observer position.
All positions have value. And just like with anything else, if overused or used inappropriately, can create problems. Having the flexibility to move into different positions– at will– gives you the freedom and control to create profound changes in thinking. It can bring powerful transformation to your mind and behaviour immediately.
Try this Mind power technique to see how emotionally flexible you are.
PERCEPTUAL POSITION MIND POWER TECHNIQUE
- Think of a situation that involved another person that you perceive with SOME discomfort. One that you WANT to feel better about.
The first time you do this, work something no higher than a 5 on the pain-pleasure scale. As you build your emotional flexibility you can use this exercise to feel better about more painful situations. But start easy. Then build.
- Rate your feelings about that situation on a 0-10 scale. 10 being most painful. 0 being totally neutral.
- Write down a description of the situation and include your feelings.
- Relive that situation in your mind. Be there, feel yourself in it and write down your feelings.
- Clear your mind and then imagine being a neutral observer seeing that situation play out from across the room. In other words, step out, zoom away and be detached as if you are watching the scene from a distance.
- Write down your experience of the Observer Position.
- Now imagine that you could step into the “other person’s shoes.” Imagine what it would be like to be them. This time as you replay the scene you see it from THEIR experience. Seeing through that person’s eyes, feeling through that person’s skin, hearing through their ears’.
- Write down your experience of Other Position: (Imagine being the other person, see it from their perspective)
- Clear your mind for a second, then think about the situation again. Did it bring change to mind? Rate it again on the 0-10 scale.
The more your rating shifted toward neutral, the more emotional flexibility you have. The more you use the exercise, the better you will get at it — and the happier you will be.
Milton Erickson once said “People do not come into therapy to change their past but their future.”
What is your vision for 2022?
I’m here to support you on your journey!
Book your HeARTful Transformation Clearing Process or your RETREAT at Whispering Cedars now! Click here to learn about my Services: www.balanching.org